Rachael M Morgan-Kiss
Associate Professor of Microbial Ecology
Department of Microbiology, Miami University
- Environmental adaptation of the enzyme RubisCO in cold adapted microalgae.
- Oxidative stress response in psychrophilic microorganisms.
- Effect of temperature on circadian response in temperate and cold adapted microalgae.
- Acclimation of microalgae to variable carbon and energy sources under low temperatures.
- Adaptation of microbial communities during the shift from 24 hr daylight to darkness during the polar night transition in ice-covered Antarctic lakes.
- Diversity of autotrophic microorganisms in chemically stratified Antarctic lakes.
- Quantitative real-time PCR detection of functional genes in aquatic communities.
- Diversity and trophic function of microbial eukaryotes in oligotrophic (Antarctic) versus eutrophic (Ohio) lakes.
- Enrichment and isolation of autotrophic organisms from Antarctic lakes.